Crown aims high with green targets
Crown Paints has launch of a new environmental and social strategy, Project Possible.
Project Possible focuses on five key areas around sustainability, charity, community, education and people & culture.
The launch sees Crown pledge to meet a number of major milestones over the next five years including to be completely carbon neutral by 2026 across its own network of factories, offices, and decorating centres, and sending zero waste to landfill by that same year.
Project Possible also includes a commitment to increase Crown’s positive impact in communities, with the business working every year to rejuvenate up to fifty local areas across the UK and Ireland through ‘glow-ups’ using colourful murals, invest £15,000 into grassroots sport and donate up to 50,000 litres of paint to community projects nationwide.
Key milestones already achieved by the business as it launches the strategy include:
- 100% of operations being run on renewable energy from certified sources
- More than 1 million paint cans now recycled every year through the Crown Can Back scheme
- Becoming the first paint manufacturer to use 100% recycled packaging in products
- Supporting 437 community groups with over £60k paint donations in 2022 alone
- Donating £75,000 in the last three years to support the work of Blackburn and Darwen Youth Zone
- 10% of all proceeds from the CRAFTED by Crown collection going to support the training of aspiring artisans and craftspeople